Make Your Own Scratch Art
With a few simple supplies, you can make your own scratch art! This was a big hit with kids of all ages!
- Black Poster Paint
- Large Paint Brush
- Paper (card stock paper works best, but any will do)
- Popsicle Stick / Toothpick
- Begin by filling an entire sheet of paper with various colors. We usually use a rainbow pattern.
- On a sheet of newspaper, begin painting over the colored paper with your black paint.
- Once the sheet in completely black, you can start “scratching” with your popsicle stick, toothpick or desired tool.
- Watch as the colors are revealed!
Tips and Tricks
- We’ve tried different color paints, but black seems to work the best.
- Lighter colored crayons tend to show up better.
- You can “erase” your doodling by painting over it again.