Two years ago I searched high and low for a cute minion costume but ended up coming away empty handed :( I’m not sure who comes up with costume designs, but the minion costumes I found were… well…
I got to work and was able to whip up a super easy, inexpensive (and WARM) minion costume for Ryan. It was a huge hit! Plus, we were left with a really cool hat we could wear afterwards!
The Minion Hat
- start with a yellow fleece beanie hat (I could only find white so I had to use fabric paint!)
- Nylon rope for the goggle strap
- We used grey felt to cover a ring for the goggles (which was a Tupperware container I cut)
- A black button on brown felt for the eye
- Black pipe cleaners fed through a small black button and sewn to the top for the hair
- Blue jean overalls with the “Gru” symbol drawn with fabric marker (I couldn’t find jean overalls, so I used blue fabric dye on khaki corduroy overalls)
- A yellow fleece zip-up sweatshirt for the body
Be sure to check out the Halloween Minion Bucket, too!